Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The (Scheduled) Return of the Traveller

Brian may not know exactly what day it is, but he does know that it’s time to come home.


An e-mail from Singapore. “I don’t know what day it is, so . . . “ I was instructed about the future status of our bank account. Singapore is expensive and funds were getting low. Luckily there’s an automatic deposit tomorrow that will enable there to be beer in the fridge for his return.

Yes, Brian is finally coming home, and just in time. All these days alone with the three dogs, 10 so far, has left me feeling like barking at the mailman and thinking constantly of food. But the on time departure came a little too close to going the other way.

A previous e-mail stated, “Earlier today I thought I was going to have to stay for a couple more days, then we got word that the government extended the deadline two weeks! Up and down. Anyway, now I come home. ”

So for me it’s a relief to just know that he’s actually coming back, and for Brian it’s the end of a long time far, far away. Now all he has to do is make the flight. He’s asked me to get involved, “Call my cell at 3:30 p.m. EDT. The cab is picking us up at 4 a.m. and I’m setting the iPhone alarm to 3, but call just in case at 3:30 p.m. EDT “ I'll do my best, but hope I don’t get distracted by any squirrels in the yard.

And let’s hope it’s a safe and gentle journey. All 21 hours of it.

Oh, and he’s scheduled for a trip to Utah on Monday.

Arf!

- - David

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of job is this? The poor baby is never home. Enjoy your time together!

Anonymous said...

email from BBrock 3:19 A.M. EDT

We were all boarded and set to take off from Tokyo but they couldn't get the cargo door closed. We are now off the plane and in the fab new WorldClub awaiting next instructions for the new or repaired plane.
Cell doesn't work in Tokyo, so I will try to email when I know more.

Anonymous said...

brian
get home safe
we all miss you

Anonymous said...

Utah? You are coming to my neck of the woods? When????