Friday, August 8, 2008

He Loves Me!





We’re eloping to the desert.

At the stroke of midnight, early September 7th, 2008, in Palm Springs California, Mr. Brian Laverne Brock and Mr. David Mitchell Staskowski plan to enter into the the legal and formal union of marriage.

The Left Reverend Col. Ruby Montana will be presiding. We have no clue who our witnesses will be, what song will be played as we walk up the pool side or what flavor the cake will be. But we are going to get married.

We’ve done the registered domestic partner thing in Seattle. We’ve suffered Michigan's 2004 constitution amendment. We’ve gone through the expense of hiring a lawyer to secure power of attorney and rights of survivorship, Now, while the going is good, we’re grabbing the gold rings.

Labor day weekend, we’ll put Sophie and Lucy into the Honda and head west to the Golden State. We plan to arrive in Palm Springs in time to procure the marriage license in Indio and spend the weekend at the Coral Sands. At the stroke of midnight, on the 12th anniversary of our commitment ceremony in Seattle, Reverend Ruby will attempt to finally make us “honest men”.

We’re eloping because we can. We’re eloping because we want to get married. We’re eloping because we think it’s important. We’ve done the catered affair, this time it’s because we want to make it legal, even if it’s temporary.

We’re not doing it to be noticed. But if you plan on being in the neighborhood?

Feel free to join in.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news!
Many congratulations AGAIN!
Love to you both from both of us.
Debra and Harvey

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely thrilled with this news. I was there 12 years ago in Seattle standing up for these boys in their commitment to one another. I will still be standing up for these boys this time in Palm Springs...These boys are such a wonderful pairing...what a team...I'm a big fan. xoxoxRuby

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. I am so excited for both of you!! Travel safe, and make it a memorable moment!

Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed to know you've completed the sentence "If I had to do it over again...."

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'd love to attend.

Anonymous said...

d and b

so happy for both of you.....and what a perfect destinatioin for your ceremony....wish i could be there ...and will be in my heart....

i love that you are driving....it just makes it more romantic....
love you both-two of my favorite people in the world

ginny

Anonymous said...

David Brian,
Congratulations !! When reading your blog I feel as if I'm part of your world.It makes me smile.Thank you for that.You two defy the odds and define love.
Love you both. Trish

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! Enrique thought it is the sweetest thing and I do too.
Have a wonderful trip with the whole family

Anonymous said...

AAwwwww! I'm so happy for you both... (and a little tiny bit jealous!) You both deserve all the happiness in the universe! My thoughts will be with you on that Labor day weekend!
-Reverand Vervaet

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! Huzzah!! How far is Palm Springs from Vegas? Wait, come celebrate here after. Either way, I'm really happy for you guys (not that you need it, but you can never have too much happy).

Anonymous said...

WOW, two wedding celebrations for two great guys!

I'll be in Canada with my sister, but promise to drink a toast at the stroke of midnight to you and Brian and wish you much happiness.

Love,

Jean

Anonymous said...

I'm tearing up at work! I wish I could be there but have to be at some Dr's symposium that weekend. It's already official in your hearts and minds and now it will be OFFICIAL OFFICIAL. How great. Too great. Wonderful. I obviously don't have the words to express. Love to you both

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sophie and Lucy will make such beautiful flower girls! Deb

Anonymous said...

I've done 2600 weddings this year, but this is the first one to make me cry (and smile at the same time). Is that possible? May your next 12 (+) bring you even more joy.