Sunday, July 13, 2008

No Comments

Hear, speak, see no evil at Toshogu, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan,
from Wikimedia Commons


This is to inform you that it is another worm in the APPLE, not your moderator, that has disabled the comments on our iWeb blog.

Some say it’s that new iPhone 3G. Others opine that it’s the millions of existing iPhone geeks trying to rev up their toys all at the same time and the same day, unable to wait for the inevitable bugs to surface, (Brian?), that caused the system crash. Or could it be the launch of the new application that Apple tried to introduce at the very same moment they started selling the new iPhone AND offering the endless upgrades?

If you’ve actually tried to post a comment, I know someone just must have, you probably received a strange advert for MobileMe, Apple’s new application that will allow us Mac users to do some fabulous new tricks, I’m sure, once they find out where it went and figure out how to make it work.

I have a feeling MobileMe is a little shy and it’s hiding out on my website. In any case I think I’ll be waiting awhile before I try and update anything on my computer this time. I still remember not being able to blog for six weeks last time they “improved” my system.

Since last time I checked, Apple still wasn’t commenting, I will sit back, study and let the moment wash over me. What can I learn from this latest Monkey Wrench? Is the cosmos trying to teach me a lesson? Is it wise to try and do everything at once? What exactly does the expression “Pace yourself” refer to? Are the best laid plans not always the best laid plans? Should we even bother to make a plan. Or does this remind me of what I learned while trying to put together an IKEA kitchen, to make sure step one is done before moving on to step two, AND three.

It is the sure footed tortoise that won the race, not the fleet footed hare. And I am a firm follower of our Lady of de Lay.


In the meanwhile, this blogger site, where I copy and paste all our blog entries for those computers that prefer not to crash and burn when Apple has these little glitches, is still allowing comments, for now.

So hear, speak and say all the evil you want, here.

I’ll be waiting.

- - - David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat (sinking!) with comments not working. Argh!

David Stas said...

I went on Apple's site and it looks like we're all in the same boat. This is a mild version of what happened when the 1st iPhone came out.
Fine, but why oh why is Apple SILENT on the crash?