Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'll Wait, Thanks


An email from Apple: “We have recently completed the transition from .Mac to MobileMe. Unfortunately, it was a lot rockier than we had hoped."
"Although core services such as Mail, iDisk, Sync, Back to My Mac, and Gallery went relatively smoothly, the new MobileMe web applications had lots of problems initially. Fortunately we have worked through those problems and the web apps are now up and running.”
I’ve looked at that cloud from both sides now."

The email from Apple says that the new apps are up and running. Their website says MobileMe is just the greatest and “you first need to configure any computer, iPhone, or iPod touch you use.” Then it tried to seduce me to take the next step “For easy-to-follow instructions.”Did I hear someone just say “Really?”

I was tempted to link to the upgrade, but that little voice stopped me. Wait a little while, see what happens when everyone that got the email tries to upgrade at the same time. It will all be waiting for you tomorrow.I know, seems like old age is taking it’s toll on my optimism. And I don’t have a high opinion of pessimism, but . . .That’s what the discussion boards are for, I’ll let a few strangers jump off the cliff first and see how they land.
Comments will hopefully be up and running on iWeb before long, or they won’t. Wait and see. Until then we'll always have blogger

- - - David

1 comment:

David Stas said...

Update: Still haven't made the (up)grade, But COMMENTS on iWeb have been enabled