Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Get Me Out of Here?

A plane with a view . . .
I haven’t been this giddy since I got out of St. Joe’s.


I’ve been out of the hospital since late October. I mostly stay at home. I have been allowed out of the house a few times since then, but mostly I’ve become one with my television and with facebook. I am starting to read more and walk better, but for weeks it’s been me the dogs and the television and the sofa, and sometimes Brian (Though he probably feels that it's ALWAYS and CONSTANTLY Brian). I am not whining. I am grateful for the time I’ve had and the abilities I’ve been afforded and the friends who’ve cared and EVERYTHING.

But between you and me, I’m getting a little cabin fever. Just a little. The mere thought of escape is mesmerizing. Throw in a plane ride and I’m ecstatic. So imagine how happy I am with the idea of getting out and visiting my 50th state . . . Honolulu is calling . . . and I am packing my bag.

Brian has business on the big Island in January and there’s a hotel ( Hōkele ) with a big bed and a larger pool just waiting for me and my cane and calling my name. Can you hear it?

Aloha

I can.


Mele Kalikimaka, indeed.

- - - David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

david ...how wonderful...i love that your going...especially in jan...you will have sunshine...and warmth and water...ahhhh....spectacular!!!
cant wait to see you on thursday night...

Ruby Montanas Coral Sands Inn said...

Freak Twin...how lucky are you???!!!
I am thrilled that you will have this experience.
Tahhhhh a wah a lah a tah a wah a wah a lahhhhh...
Heyyyy...a way a lah a puh ta tah a louuu a lah....
Yeah!
xoRube