Tuesday, December 23, 2008

16 Random Things: (tag, you're it.)




Like the flu, but nicer, this thing is going around (on facebook, on the internet).

I am going to send it to everyone who sent it to me and to everyone who might do it. My advice? Don't think, write.


"Rules: Once you have been tagged, you have to write a note about 16 random things pertaining to you. When you're finished tag 16 others. Tag the one who tagged you. If I tagged you it's because I want to know more about you."


1. I was raised catholic, went to mass daily for 8 years, served as an altar boy, wanted to be a priest, then the church made a point of saying I was bad. They embrace child molesters and murderers, but I am bad. No problem, I left.


2. I am a reverend of the universal life church. You can be too. I now describe myself as a Latitudinarian. That is described, by my DICTIONARY as allowing latitude in religion; showing no preference among varying creeds and forms of worship. I still have the faith like I thought the nuns meant when I was young.


3. I love to travel. In January I plan to visit my 50th state. If I make it, Yahoo says there are 194 countries on the planet. 6 down 188 to go.


4. I also love to be home; TV on, feet up, friends over, (between trips).


5. I have always loved to read. I love to read CRAP. I will read whatever is put in front of me. I agree with it, fine. I disagree with it, interesting. I never read anything like it before, fabulous. I go crazy if I can't read a newspaper in the morning, 2 or 3 even better. The New York Times will not deliver to my house. This is barbaric. This is a reason to move.


6. I used to write an advice column. A kind of advice for the home, design/decorating, how-to, why-not column. I was fired, after years. I am still full of it, advice that is.


7. I avoid mirrors. Sometimes I use them to see if I am covered in something odd, most times I do not.


8. I enjoy dogs. They do not look in mirrors either. I do not know if they read, if they bother to write or if they are former Catholics. But I think I know what they are thinking, sometimes.


9. I have always loved science fiction, crime. detective or vampire stories, scary things like Stephen King and/or freaky movies like Blair Witch. Since the stroke they all scare me a little too much to enjoy. Strange but true. I have not bought this up in therapy.


10. Someday, when I go. I would prefer a large party. a pine box, as many containers for my ashes as people want, and to be scattered/buried wherever people choose. I do not wish to be mourned, more than usual.


11. I am getting used to this dizzy stuff, but I do not enjoy it.


12. I wonder if I will ever laugh/dance/run normally again. I hope so.


13. I am monogamous by nature, I can't help it.


14. 14. I am attracted to bright lights and funny people who are not mean.


15. 15. I cannot tie knots very well. or untie them. This is why I avoided tying in kindergarten, dropped out of boy scouts, failed as a sailor and prefer loafers.


16. 16. I do not like heights, but they thrill me.

- - - David



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! Love this and you...
Cant wait to see you soon.
:)jenn

Anonymous said...

have you seen this....its an ann arbor guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFU2jIRwEUc


{Oberman, Mark Shaman, Jack Black...Youtube)