Monday, July 6, 2009

Quite the Life (Ma Vie en Le Vieux Carré)

Staying in New Orlean’s French Quarter reminded me of life . . . AND of living

The balcony of our room at the W on Chartres Street (sorry, no cast iron)

We’re back but I seemed to have left a part of me there. Every few minutes my heart and mind turn to the streets of New Orleans. Whether it’s a 17th Century Convent or a 21st Century restaurant, if you come across a grey haired guy with a far away look in his eyes who looks like me, that’s where I am.

Five days isn’t a long time, but it seems like five hundred years. What is so damned special with New Orleans? If you’ve been keeping up with me on facebook, you’ll know my first answer. I’ll start with the food first, and lot’s of it, in my next entry. Soon.



- - - David




No comments: