Monday, September 8, 2008

There's got to be a Morning After

Lounging Lucy, pool side.
If you've got to get rested, what better place than the Coral Sands?


The midnight wedding, momentous. The after party, memorable. The next morning . . . just a little blurry. I do remember brunch with brother Brad and Brian at Rick's, then the Phoenix Brocks departure. I do recall Mom and Pop Heath stopping by with an offer of lunch, just a little too soon after that. The rest of afternoon was spent in the shade, the pool just a quick hot skips across the flagstones.

The sunset, the carry out dinner from Thai Smile with the Reverend Ruby Montana and our star witness, Rebecca, I remember clearly, then it all starts to fade. I was asleep before MadMen started, and I didn't mind. That's how tired I was. And it's a good thing I got a little rest.

Sweet Lucy awoke us before 4 AM, letting us know she needed a walk, NOW. Seems she has a bit of a bug and her body wants nothing to do with it. So today will be another day by the pool. Siestas, (and dog walks), will be frequent and will keep the Pepto Abysmal flowing. Lucy will be dining on her spa meals of white rice and water.

Tomorrow morning we still intend to leave for Yosemite and the beginning of our journey home.

Cross your fingers, and wish us continued luck.

- - - David

No comments: