Friday, June 13, 2008

Up and Into the Woods

Friday morning. Brian is taking the long weekend off. And we're off to get as close to heaven as I’ve ever been.

We will be packing the twins in the car and not much else and heading up into the woods. The tip of the mitten, near Indian River, the land of Leggs Inn . . . Mullett Lake that is, cold water, Michigan gold.

It’s time to go visit Ginny’s cottage. Gary and Ginny are already up there and we’ve finagled an invitation for a short visit. Well. Brian did. And this time we’re bringing Lucy. We hope to get her to jump in the lake.

For me it’s a very spiritual place. It’s what I love about Michigan; the birch and the white pines, the water, the sandy soil.

Part of me is already there.
Part of me always is.

Speaking of spiritual . . . I’ve got a little news for you.
But that will have to wait until we’re back from heaven.

- - - David

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic! I haven't made it up to my cottage yet this year (which should be criminal) but soccer season is ALMOST over.
Have a great time!
I have been gardening enough this year to get posion ivy bad enough for steriods twice..go figure.

Be careful on your nature walks. :)

Anonymous said...

OOh, I so wish I were there. We're enjoying a perfect, cloudless, sunny Summer day. The farmers market opened this morning and it was packed. It's huge compared to all others I have been to. Almost like a mini art fair but with things I would actually buy. The tamale line was too long but I did have a fresh squeezed lemonade. Man, Summer is really the best. Have a good weekend and give Gin and Gar hugs.

David Stas said...

no such thing in my book as too long a line for tamales,
(maybe if one is toting a warm baby)