Sunday, June 22, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane . . . together!?!



Hold on to your hats.
David is going on a trip. He’s escaping ADRIAN!
Get OUT OF TOWN!

Brian, who is on his way to Denver as we speak, will be cashing in a travel voucher and taking me along on this next business trip, to SAN FRANCISCO. We’re leaving on Wednesday.

This has NOTHING . . . NOTHING to do with the Golden States new equitable marriage laws AND NOTHING, NOTHING to do with the flamBOYant/flamGRRLant parade scheduled for next weekend.

But it has everything to do with the food, the architecture and the museums that I’ll be able to use to fill up my time while Brian is toiling away trying to earn the money that I’ll be forced to give away to the deserving americans awaiting my arrival. And although I’ll be stowing away with him at The Serrano Hotel for a few nights, he’ll still have to find the cash to pay for the room for the weekend.

The small town guy I’ve become will be running rampant around the big city. There’s the Frida Kahlo show that just opened at SFMoMA, a few meals at Zuni Cafe, perchance a dinner at Chez Panisse.
Ruby highly recommends the Dale Chihuly show at de Young.
Donna urges we try out Canteen, The Ferry Plaza Building, a snack (or breakfast or lunch) at Boulette’s, Cowgirl Creamery, dinner at Spruce, Golden Gate State Park, the Exploratorium, a Climb on Mt. Tamalpais, and the Muir Woods.
Rima has cast out her info-net and, with the help of a “chic lesbian”, points us towards many a must-see. “Slow Club for any meal (brunch on weekends), Universal Cafe (near slow club), definitely Delfina, the Blue Plate, 2223 (in Castro), Bar Tartine, Colibri in theater district near union square (awesome mexican bistro), Cafe Claude (on Claude Lane, if you are downtown shopping), and the Cliff House Bistro (remodeled and awesome for good everything (food, bev, view!).”

Go ahead, live through ME for once, click on the above names for a little bite of San Francisco.

This is a lot to do, and a lot of food to do too. And I know, I know, we only have 4-1/2 days, so little time, so many places to go.

Please note, dearest readers, we are still taking itinerary suggestions. So put on your thinking caps. All entries will be appreciated. But you only have until Wednesday morning.

And also please note, I need to offer my sincere regrets and apologies to my sister, my bro-in-law and our smarty-pants nephew for missing a graduation party while we are away.

Please know that the supreme guilt I feel now will not be tempered, but only enhanced by every moment spent in paradise.

What if I bring you back a Frida t-shit?


- - - David

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have the best time!
Dont forget the LOVE box for old times sake...
You can regift it on the plane

Anonymous said...

First off, I'm totally jealous (especially of the Frida exhibit).
Second. The phrase "live through me for once" alludes to the fact that your life is otherwise not one to live through. I just want you to know that this makes me especially boring because I was already living through you. I must get out of the country. At least my green tractor matches my green truck.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am Vegas's Mom. I will be in San Fran in a couple of weeks, and am intrigued by the fab list of places to visit (culinarily speaking). My heart melted when I saw the Chihuly link. It's definitely on the top of my list. Hope to have the opportunity to get to enjoy the best the bay has to offer. Toodles!!

David Stas said...

Hey Hey! this is so exciting. Multi-Generationalism.

We have Trish and Tracie, Big Schtead and Lil' Schtead and now we have Vegas and Vegas' Mom. Sybil:) , where's Mommy Sybil :0 ?