Saturday, May 24, 2008

14K Dog

Don’t let that innocent look for you.


Sophie's wasn’t feeling well and needed a bland dinner, so I went to the store and bought a chicken. I also bought some carrots to cook along with the chicken.

I pealed half a bag of the carrots then started to clean the chicken and put it on a board to rest in the fridge. I left the carrots safely on the counter.
So I thought.

I returned to put the chicken in the oven and went looking for the carrots.
Now where did they go?
LUCY!

At least she stole something healthy. I still had half the package left, so I pealed those, put them with the chicken to bake.
When everything was done I pulled the baking sheet out, let it cool high up on the window sill and then started to bone the chicken.
Piece by piece I boned the chicken, Sophie at my feet, Lucy coming into the kitchen once in awhile to check on my progress.
(yes, once or twice, while Lucy wasn't in the room I may have snuck Sophe a teeny little piece of chicken . . . she's hasn't been eating, after all.)

Chicken all boned and put in the fridge, scraps double bagged and put in the trash, I turned to chop the carrots.

Now where did they go?

LUCY!

She had been coming into the chicken, waiting until I wasn't looking and stealing a carrot from, literally, under my nose.
She would sneak it out of the kitchen, eat it where I wouldn’t see her, and then come back in again looking so innocent that I didn't suspect a thing.

Then she would steal another one.
There were 7 baked carrots in the pan.

With the raw ones she had before, that makes 14.

Lucy, our 14 carrot Weimaraner.

- - - David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So silly! At least she was eating her vegetables!