Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Londony Christmas at last



The preparations continue. We are leaving tomorrow for Jolly Ol' London, the weeks of getting ready are about to crescendo. The suitcase is on the bed and there's actually something in it! Do you think B will notice that I've packed his Cashmere jacket?

Besides tour books, essential toiletries and that jacket, I'm packing light. I will just head straight to Harrod's for anything else I need. I am happy to live in the jeans in which I'm flying and to live on English shortbread.

I wouldn't mind a bit of Dickens. A little Oliver, a touch of Scrooge. We Americans grow up (and grow old) living in London a bit each Christmas. It may be through someone else's imagination and the accents may be staged but somehow Christmas wouldn't the same without a teeny Tiny Tim and coal on the fire.

Seeing London for ourselves (at last) should put us right in the mood for a bit of flaming pudding in Adrian
.


---David

No comments: