Monday, June 15, 2009

At "Work"

Home . . .

. . . like me, a work in progress



Project, project, project. When you live in an old house you get used to the endless nature of the list. Lately, well, since last October, I’ve become this “old house”. Along with the weeding, the planting, the new this and the fix that, I’ve made it to the list. I can avoid it no longer. I too need work and lots of it.

This week along with watching what I consume (no longer allowing myself limitless quantities of whatever), improving my general comportment, getting this so called physique to the “Y”, having various follicles trimmed, I will finally be having a colonoscopy.

Also, in early July, I will finally be going into get my hernia prone torso patched up again (3 done, 3 to go). Yes, the current alien bulge on my stomach will not be allowed to explode into a scurrying dining hall visitor but will be physically forced back to isolation. While in there the doc promises to try and also repair a new 2nd emergence of another newer and smaller stomach protrusion and yet another one “elsewhere”. This time I will be experiencing the ol’ laparoscopic AND the older conventional razor sharp scalpel.

On July 9th, I will be laid up AGAIN while I mend. Best wishes, silent prayer, flowers, cards, small gifts and cookies will AGAIN be happily accepted, but this time at home SWEET home.

This time I promise to recover more quickly.



- - - David





No comments: