Thursday, March 4, 2010

On the road trip again ... but

Going West

We're about to take off. Brian is jobless but interviewing, I'm, of course, free and the grrls, both young and old, have yet to disagree with the idea. But this time it's a little different. It's all been B's idea.

I'm prying myself off the sofa and just going along.

Yes, I am helping with the planning. I am charting and fine-tuning stop overs, searching for motels that take dogs, alerting far flung friends in our path and piping in with my excellent, if unneeded. opinions but the trip was all Brian's idea. We're taking the dogs and three weeks and crossing to CA and back. But it was his idea. I've just been self-centeredly thinking of my recovering self. Taken down by a simple belly-button-octomy, embarrassing.

Presently we've planned stops in St. Louis, Wichita, Tucumcari, Santa Fe, Monument Valley and Escalante on the way out. A few days with Ruby at the Coral Sands in Palm Springs. The way back is still a work in progress but we know we're seeing family in Phoenix and friends in Albuquerque and Cincinatti.

We're confident that both old Sophie and oozing stroke boy will make it. Cross your fingers, Justin Case.

It all starts this Saturday!

Lets go on with the show

No comments: