Saturday, November 1, 2008

BEING THERE

The biggest problem with being in the hospital, was DEALING with all the tubes,
(AND the plastic bed)



Now . . . Where was I?


Whisking cross the dessert?


Running across the Planes?


Running?


In any case, here I am NOW, an inVALID? A Drooling, Talking-Funny InVALID. . .

using a walker!


And happy to do so!


ReHab is humbling, I no longer look at life the same way. Now I am SO Happy with the LITTLE Things in life.


Sunshine and Fresh air are wonderful gifts, not to be missed or taken for granted, neither are friends (however infrequently seen) Or Family (However FAR AWAY) OR Loved ones. (However angry at you) Or the freedom just to walk outside and dig in the soil . . .


All are worthy of Incredible Respect.

All should be constantly thanked.


All are gifts to be grateful for.


As Joni says . . . “You don’t know what you got . . . til it’s gone.”


Or as John McCain says, “You learn ‘Not to waste time!’ “


And I am Grateful . . . for learning this in time.

I wouldn't recommend a stroke, or a months stay in the hospital to anyone, but it was an eye opener.

- - - David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is a great lesson david....so grateful that you are doing so well....cant wait to see you tonight...

Anonymous said...

I think I'll skip the visit and just take your word for it. It's very true and last night I enjoyed the smiling faces of young children that I did not have to corral into seats. I celebrated my WS heritage and donned a wig! I will send pictures directly following this which you may post at your leisure. I am happy to see you are doing well. Happy Dia de los Muertos!!